EHS Specialist - Bossier City, LA
- Provides a strong EHS floor presence in the production, maintenance and material handling areas of both plants
- Manages hazardous and non-hazardous waste identification, containerization, consolidation, labeling, accumulation and shipment for disposal.
- Develops, implements and reviews protocols for paint usage tracking in paint booth to ensure compliance with applicable PBR (permit by rule)
- Collects, documents and records site storm water samples.
- Reviews safety issues and incidents and works with plant leadership and employees to develop plans for resolution.
- Schedules and conducts site EHS compliance inspections, performs records documentation and provides corrective action response recommendations and tracking.
- Supports and participates in incident investigations.
- Uses a working knowledge of personal, industrial and occupational safety to manage safety programs such as Life Safety Code, Forklift Operations, Hoist and Crane Operations, Lifting Equipment programs, Job Safety Analysis, Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control, Respiratory Protection. PPE Program, Hazard Communication and other OSHA required programs.
- Promotes safety awareness; schedules and performs hazard awareness training.
- Supports and participates in Monthly Safety Meetings through meeting attendance, content creation and presentation.
- Conducts new hire and temporary employee EHS training.
- Supports and participates in Safety Committee meetings through meeting attendance, inspection team leadership and findings documentation.
- Gathers pertinent information, statistics and figures to be presented in the form of EHS metrics.
- Maintains safety files and keeps the MSDS spreadsheet up-to-date; keeps inventory of safety forms, supplies, materials and equipment for program use.
- Conducts production, shop and maintenance floor audits, submitting maintenance requests as required ensuring corrective actions.
- Complies with all environmental, health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies.
- Collects data and assists in regulatory reporting.
- Performs Risk Assessments with all departments to determine the potential hazards of new processes and projects (capital projects and others) and ensure that all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations, along with industry standards, (ANSI, NFPA, ACGIH) are followed.
- Determines the potential health effects of any new chemical under consideration for use.
- Ensures compliance with chemical, noise and monitoring programs.
- Develops and implements JSA’s and training programs in the use of safety equipment including PPE, chemical hazards, noise hazards, physical hazards and safe operating practices and assists management implement such programs. Maintains recordkeeping as directed.
- Participates in emergency response functions such as material release first responders and First Aid teams.
- Maintains professional training competencies.
- Develops and implements emergency evacuation plans and procedures.
- Supports and participates in management EHS audits.
- Assists and provides input to Director of EHS in program development.
- Minimum Associate's degree in Occupational Safety or Environmental Health and Safety. A Bachelor’s degree in these or a related field is preferred. Job experience, professional development and continuing education may be substituted for educational experience.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Experience in managing compliance of environmental, health and safety (personal, industrial and occupational) regulations, policies and procedures.
- Thorough working knowledge of environmental, health and safety principles.
- Good math skills.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills in English. Spanish speaking and writing ability is a plus.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to prepare reports, access data and maintain records.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulation relating to environmental, health and safety.
- Creative problem solving to recognize and analyze needs and propose solutions to effectively address them.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Requires experience with database computer skills, word processing, internet search tools, and power point presentation software.
Other Info: December 20, 2013
HR Business Partner - Bossier City, LA
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy
- Implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery
- Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda
- Help the business unit leader to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
- Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
- Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve the HR policies and initiatives
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
- Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business
- Maintain a knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
- Ensure that a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Tracking and analysis of key workforce metrics
- Change management
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
- Graduate degree preferred
- At least 4–5 years experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of and experience with 6 Sigma and/or Lean preferred
Other Info: December 20, 2013
CAD Technician - Bossier City, LA
Responsibilities: Creating CAD drawings, details, and assemblies from rough sketches, layouts and/or verbal instruction to support manufacturing process.
Requirements: Qualified applicant should have technical certification/associate degree in CAD, Science, Engineering, or related technical fields, as well as, the ability to apply engineering principles, methods and practices in a manufacturing environment with excellent communication and organizational skills. Applicant must be self-motivated and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Experience is required in AutoCAD 2009 or newer software within architectural/electrical/mechanical discipline. Three (3) years minimum experience in AutoCAD Mechanical or Autodesk Inventor is desired.
Other Info: December 31, 2013